Thursday 31 July 2008

New Designers



OK so this post is somewhat overdue but still relevant and so I'll end this month referring back to how it began- with New Designers. Our whole class made our way down to London to exhibit all together one last time at the Business Design Centre in Islington along side designers from art schools from all over the country.

The exhibits covered a range of disciplines including jewellery, textiles, ceramics and glass and it was interesting to see what everyone has spent their last year or more working on. I think everyone must have gotten something out of it as I think events like this are really inspiring if at times a little intimidating- all the more reason to continue with the hard work. I sold a couple of pieces and Anna Hegarty in my class won the Argos prize and everyone receiving interest from various people and companies. So well done everyone and all the best for the future.

No comments: